Topics

vortrack a vor receiver

TLeconte

Hi

If you live near a VOR transmitter, and have nothing more interesting to do, you could try my new vortrack program (for Linux)
https://github.com/TLeconte/vortrack

A few line of C and a not so bad precision.
At home it's not really entertaining, but could be more interesting if you have a mobile station.

Works for airspy R2 and RTL dongle

Graham

Could this be compiled for windows  ?

TLeconte

Everything is possible.
vortrack is a very simple program, without anything Linux specific.
So it must be easy to compile on Windows, but , I'm sorry, I don't have any Windows C compiler at home (and only a netbook under Windows)
If someone want to try, and have problems with the source, I could help.

Graham

Thanks,  yes may know some who can , just thought this was quite  novel,  my location is not far from the vor  beacon at wallasey , io83lk  , that's if it's still in service of course ......
Tnx Graham

Jim Irving

I won't bother Graham.  In over 20 yrs doing Flt Sim VOR was something we had to learn.  Now with GPS, it's not as important and slowly being replaced, a bit like CW to radio.

Jim.