Topics

airspy mini serial number

Declan Mayock

i have tried to get my airspy mini serial number running cmd and airspy_info however the screen opens for a nano second and closes, im using win10 x64 and latest file etc any ideas where i am going wrong?

Airspy US

Open a command prompt then run airspy_info from that.

Running the command from Windows runs then closes which is normal.

---------
Airspy.US
Your USA source for quality SDR products!
www.Airspy.US

NOTE! This email address is not routinely monitored.
If you have an issue, please contact us at airspy@...

On 11/24/2018 11:43 AM, Declan Mayock via Groups.Io wrote:
i have tried to get my airspy mini serial number running cmd and airspy_info however the screen opens for a nano second and closes, im using win10 x64 and latest file etc any ideas where i am going wrong?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Declan Mayock

i did that same issue i opened cmd and cd to folder and start airspy_info window opens for second and closes

Airspy US

Create a batch file (Filename.bat) and put this in it:

x86\airspy_info.exe
pause

Then run that bat file. (make sure it's in the path with the x86 directory)

---------

On 11/24/2018 12:07 PM, Declan Mayock via Groups.Io wrote:
i did that same issue i opened cmd and cd to folder and start airspy_info window opens for second and closes

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

sunbob00@...

Append a space then “> info.txt” and the results will be written to a text file named info.txt.  You can also add a path before the filename if you want it to go some place other than the current directory.

73’s de KE3FF,

Bob

jdow

Um, airspy_info.exe does not bring up a window. It is a command prompt tool. At the prompt in the cmd window you have opened type "airspy_info" followed by the enter key. It should produce something like:
airspy_lib_version: 1.0.9

Found AirSpy board 1
Board ID Number: 0 (AIRSPY)
Firmware Version: AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc10-0-g946184a 2016-09-19
Part ID Number: 0x6906002B 0x00000030
Serial Number: 0x644064DC2E4A37CD
Supported sample rates:
10.000000 MSPS
2.500000 MSPS
Close board 1

No matter what else is open if you double click on airspy_info you need very fast eyes to read what it has to say.

{o.o}

On 20181124 09:07:07, Declan Mayock via Groups.Io wrote:
i did that same issue i opened cmd and cd to folder and start airspy_info window opens for second and closes

Joe M.

On my PCs it brings up a command prompt
window when I double-click it in Explorer.
(unless there is a semantic issue I don't see)

Joe M.

On 11/24/2018 2:24 PM, jdow wrote:
[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

David Matthews

I seem to remember a command prompt property to close window on
program completion. It may be checked. I don't have a windows box
handy to go looking and I really doubt that the Ubuntu box is the
same.

Dave
W2IJL

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 3:26 PM Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

[...]

Yeah, and the window probably goes away as soon as output appears. Yes, I just confirmed that. When run from a command prompt it uses the command prompt window. Type airspy_info followed by the enter key and see. (You MAY even be able to right click in the folder not on a file and select "Open command window here" for convenience.

{^_^}

On 20181124 12:26:05, Joe M. wrote:
[...]

got sorted thanks all that replied, i was adding in .exe at end and was missing a c++ file on new pc which i downloaded which resolved some other issues also