Topics

Using multiple Airspy devices on a single PC

David J Taylor

I have both an Airspy R2 and an Airspy SpyVerter/Mini plugged into the PC. I would like to have two shortcuts to SDR# - one for each Airspy. It's a matter of identifying the different devices.

Is it possible to do this with e.g. command-line parameters, two different XML files, or two different directories each with a full installation.

Thanks,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter:@gm8arv

Dave GW4GTE

Hi,
I run two Airspy Mini servers off one PC. The files for each are in separate folders. However, it's pot luck which server picks up which physical mini unless you use the serial number field in the server config file to lock to a specific mini . You need to find the full serial number (the one shown in the SDR# window isn't the whole number). I was given this link:
<https://github.com/airspy/airspyone_host/releases/download/v1.0.9/airspy_host_tools_win32_x86_x64_v1_0_9.zip>extract and run airspy_info.exe

I start the servers manually but you could create a batch file that runs both servers on PC startup.

Hope that helps
Dave GW4GTE

David J Taylor

Hi,
I run two Airspy Mini servers off one PC. The files for each are in separate folders. However, it's pot luck which server picks up which physical mini unless you use the serial number field in the server config file to lock to a specific mini . You need to find the full serial number (the one shown in the SDR# window isn't the whole number). I was given this link:
<https://github.com/airspy/airspyone_host/releases/download/v1.0.9/airspy_host_tools_win32_x86_x64_v1_0_9.zip>extract and run airspy_info.exe

I start the servers manually but you could create a batch file that runs both servers on PC startup.

Hope that helps
Dave GW4GTE
===============================

Thanks, Dave.

Actually, these aren't servers but instances of SDR#, so I'm unsure which of the config XML files I should edit. Yes, I'm aware of the airspy_host_tools and how to find the airspy_info. So it's like your config file, but for SDR# and not the server.

David
GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter:@gm8arv

Terry Gaff

Some time ago, very shortly after this forum transferred to Groups.io, I requested the very same issue would be resolved in SDR#. I have two Airspy R2s, one I use for HF with a SpyVerter and the other for VHF and up. If I want to use only the second device mentioned, I have no choice but to fire up SDR#, make sure 'AIRSPY' is selected, (it seems to always select my first 'HF' Airspy device), press 'PLAY', then 'STOP'. Only then can I access the second Airspy device by starting another instance of SDR#.

I pointed out that SDR Console has an option to select which Airspy device (of more than one connected) that you want to use and also, that I would have expected the developer should be 'embracing' purchasers of more than one Airspy, not penalising them in their own native software... what if my needs or interests required me to have 10 Airspys ?? Prog or Youssef ? (with all due respect), replied saying something to the effect that it would be considered (or words to that effect - I cannot find the post). However, I am, and others it seems, are still patiently waiting.

Terry Gaff